Terms & Conditions
Last updated: April 19, 2021
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Chubby Gorilla, Inc. and Chubby Gorilla Europe B.V. (collectively, “we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of our website(s), including the www.chubbygorilla.com website, as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Site”).
You agree that by accessing the Site, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with all of these Terms and Conditions, then you are expressly prohibited from using the Site and you must discontinue use immediately.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Site from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.
While we may alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions, you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the Site after the date such revised Terms and Conditions are posted.
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, if you choose to access the Site from such a location, you do so on your own initiative and you are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to register for or use the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States, foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions.
The Content and the Marks are provided on the Site “AS IS” for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the Site and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site and subject to these Terms and Conditions, you are granted a limited, fully revocable, non-exclusive license to access and use the Site and to view or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. The license granted by us to use the Site does not include the right to copy or distribute any portion of the Site, such as layout or design of the website or mobile application, or logos, graphics, sounds, or images. Elements of the Site, including the website and mobile application, are protected by copyright, trade dress, or other laws and may not be imitated in whole or in part. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks. If you breach any restrictions contained in these Terms and Conditions, you may be subject to prosecution and damages. In addition, you agree that any derivative works, improvements, inventions or works developed by you based upon or relating to the Site or our intellectual property involving a breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be owned by us, and you hereby assign and agree to assign to us such derivative works, improvements, inventions or works developed by you.
You agree to use the Site solely for your personal use and for commercial use limited to your own transactions with us. The Site may be accessible from countries around the world and may contain references to products or services that are not available where you are located or reside. These references do not imply that we currently offer or intend to offer such products or services in your country.
You may not use, export or re-export the Site in violation of U.S. law or the laws of any other country or jurisdiction. Specifically, and without limiting the foregoing, the Site may not be exported or re-exported into any U.S. embargoed countries or to anyone on the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List or the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals. You represent and warrant that you are not on any such list or located in any such country and that you will not use the Site for any purposes prohibited by U.S. or other applicable law.
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that:
(1) all registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete, and you will not insert false, fraudulent, indecent or obscene information as part of your registration;
(2) you will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary;
(3) we may contact you by telephone at the number(s) you provide or by email or mail at the address you provide regarding products or services offered by us, even if your telephone number or email are on a do-not-call registry or similar list;
(4) you have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
(5) you are not under the age of 18;
(6) not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or if a minor, you have received parental permission to use the Site; provided, however, that in no event are you under the age of 18;
(7) you will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
(8) you will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
(9) your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register with the Site. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. We will not be liable for any losses or damage arising from unauthorized use of the Site, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any improper or illegal use of the Site, and any charges and taxes incurred. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. To the extent you purchase any products and/or services on or through the Site, you agree to pay for all such products and services. You will be required to provide valid and updated credit card or approved purchase order information and accurate billing and contact information. If you provide credit card or other authorized payment method information, you authorize charges to be made against such credit card or other authorized payment method.
You agree that we or our representatives may investigate complaints, allegations of abuse, infringement of third-party rights, or other unauthorized uses of the Site. We will not disclose such an investigation unless required to do so by law. We will cooperate fully with any law enforcement agencies in their investigation of the violation of any applicable laws.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us;
- make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Site by any means;
- use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site;
- use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services;
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with the navigational structure or security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein;
- engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site;
- trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
- make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct;
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site;
- attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user;
- sell or otherwise transfer your profile;
- use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise;
- modify, adapt, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site, or attempt to do any of the foregoing;
- attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site;
- harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you;
- delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content or portions of the Site;
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site;
- upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”);
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software;
- disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site;
- use the Site in a manner inconsistent with or in violation of any applicable laws or regulations; or
- attempt to derive the source code or underlying ideas, programs or algorithms associates with the Site.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”).
Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- you are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorize us, the Site, and other users of the Site to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms and Conditions.
- you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms and Conditions.
- your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- your Contributions do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- your Contributions do not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable law or regulation.
- Any use of the Site in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and Conditions and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Site.
By posting your Contributions to any part of the Site or making Contributions accessible to the Site by linking your account from the Site to any of your social networking accounts, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Site.
You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions; (2) to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
We may provide you areas on the Site to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria:
(1) you should have firsthand experience with the person/entity being reviewed;
(2) your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language;
(3) your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability;
(4) your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity;
(5) you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews;
(6) you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct;
(7) you may not post any false or misleading statements;
(8) you may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative; and
(9) your review must comply with the Terms and Conditions, including those relating to Contributions and Submissions.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners.
We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
MOBILE APPLICATION LICENSE
If you access the Site via a mobile application authorized by us, then we grant you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to install and use the mobile application on wireless electronic devices owned or controlled by you, and to access and use the mobile application on such devices strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions of this mobile application license contained in these Terms and Conditions.
You shall not:
(1) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or decrypt the application;
(2) make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation, or derivative work from the application;
(3) violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations in connection with your access or use of the application;
(4) remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) posted by us or the licensors of the application;
(5) use the application for any revenue generating endeavor, commercial enterprise, or other purpose for which it is not designed or intended;
(6) make the application available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple devices or users at the same time;
(7) use the application for creating a product, service, or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the application;
(8) use the application to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail;
(9) use any proprietary information or any of our interfaces or our other intellectual property in the design, development, manufacture, licensing, or distribution of any applications, accessories, or devices for use with the application.
Apple and Android Devices
The following terms apply when you use a mobile application obtained from either the Apple Store or Google Play (each an “App Distributor”) to access the Site:
(1) the license granted to you for our mobile application is limited to a non-transferable license to use the application on a device that utilizes the Apple iOS or Android operating systems, as applicable, and in accordance with the usage rules set forth in the applicable App Distributor’s terms and conditions;
(2) we are responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application as specified in the terms and conditions of this mobile application license contained in these Terms and Conditions or as otherwise required under applicable law, and you acknowledge that each App Distributor has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application;
(3) in the event of any failure of the mobile application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the applicable App Distributor, and the App Distributor, in accordance with its terms and policies, may refund the purchase price, if any, paid for the mobile application, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Distributor will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the mobile application;
(4) you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
(5) you must comply with applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the mobile application, e.g., if you have a VoIP application, then you must not be in violation of their wireless data service agreement when using the mobile application;
6) you acknowledge and agree that the App Distributors are third-party beneficiaries of the terms and conditions in this mobile application license contained in these Terms and Conditions, and that each App Distributor will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the terms and conditions in this mobile application license contained in these Terms and Conditions against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”) by either: (1) providing your Third-Party Account login information through the Site; or (2) allowing us to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account.
You represent and warrant that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third-Party Account, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account.
By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that (1) we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site via your account, including without limitation any friend lists and (2) we may submit to and receive from your Third-Party Account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the Third-Party Account.
Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site.
Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then Social Network Content may no longer be available on and through the Site. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and your Third-Party Accounts at any time.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content.
You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Site.
You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your Third-Party Account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable). We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers that was obtained through such Third-Party Account, except the username and profile picture that become associated with your account.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, materials or other information (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The Site may contain (or you may be sent via the Site) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”). Some of the Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Content may be co-branded with us.
Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content.
Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware these Terms and Conditions no longer govern. We make no effort to review any Third-Party Content or Third-Party Websites for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for your use or access of any Third-Party Content or Third-Party Websites.
You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the Site. Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and any services provided on the Site or products sold through those advertisements.
Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights.
As an advertiser, you agree that such advertisements are subject to our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy provisions as described below, and you understand and agree there will be no refund or other compensation for DMCA takedown-related issues. We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
(1) monitor the Site for violations of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
(3) in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions or any portion thereof;
(4) in our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems;
(5) otherwise manage the Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
This policy is intended to implement the procedures described in Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (“DMCA”) for the reporting of alleged copyright infringement. We respect the legitimate rights of copyright owners, their agents, and representatives. Users of any part of the Site are required to respect the legal protections provided by applicable copyright law.
Upon receipt of notification of claimed infringement, we will follow the procedures outlined herein and in the DMCA. Our “Designated Agent” to receive notification of alleged infringement under the DMCA is listed below. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, notify us in writing:
4320 N. Harbor Blvd
Fullerton, California 92835 USA
Any claim of copyright infringement should include sufficient information to enable us to evaluate your claim and to take appropriate action. A notice of alleged copyright infringement to the Designated Agent must include the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notice, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the matter complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay of the processing or the DMCA notification.
It is expected that all users of any part of the Site will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if we are notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise become aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent, we will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. We will comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter notification is received by our Designated Agent. Under appropriate circumstances, we may, in our discretion, terminate authorization of users of the Site who are repeat infringers. It is our policy to accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures we determine are reasonable under the circumstances, i.e., technical measures that are used by copyright owners to identify or protect copyrighted works.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES OR LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Product Use: Many factors beyond our control and uniquely within a user’s or your knowledge and control can affect the use and performance of our products in a particular application. Given the variety of factors that can affect the use and performance of our products, users are solely responsible for evaluating our products and determining whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for a user’s method of application, including but not limited to, determining whether the product(s) placed within its packaging solutions are compatible with each particular packaging solution.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content contained within or accessible through the Site, will always be available or uninterrupted. Access to the Site may from time to time be unavailable, delayed or limited due to, among other things: hardware failure; software failure, including among other things, bugs, errors, viruses, configuration problems, incompatibility of systems, utilities or applications, the operation of firewalls or screening programs, unreadable codes, or content irregularities; system overload; damage caused by severe weather, natural disasters, war or acts of God; terrorism; interruption of power supplies; strike or other stoppage of labor; governmental or regulatory restrictions; or any other cause whatsoever beyond our control. We are not liable to you if, for any reason, the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING THE IMAGES, TEXT, DATABASES, PHOTOS, CUSTOM GRAPHICS, COMPILATION, ASSEMBLY, AND THE OVERALL LOOK AND DISTINCTIVENESS OF OUR SITE, WHICH INCLUDES WEBSITES, SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." WE DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTIES, AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER WE NOR OUR LICENSORS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTIES AS TO THE QUALITY, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE. WE DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR FROM ANY PARTICULAR LOCATION OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK.
WE MAY CHANGE OR DISCONTINUE ANY ASPECT OR FEATURE OF THE SITE OR CONTENT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU. YOUR ONLY RIGHT OR REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROBLEMS OR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO CEASE USE OF THE SITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES (I) REGARDING THE SECURITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE; OR (II) THAT THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (III) REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OF OR ACCURACY, QUALITY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE. NO COMMUNICATION, INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY US OR ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF OURS, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS DISCLAIMER CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
You also may have other rights, which may vary from state to state and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES OR LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Warranty, Limited Remedy, and Disclaimer: Unless an additional warranty is specifically stated on the applicable product packaging or product literature, we warrant that our products meet our applicable product specification at the time we ship the product. WE MAKE NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING, CUSTOM OR USAGE OF TRADE. If our product does not conform to this warranty, then the sole and exclusive remedy is, at our option, replacement of our product or refund of the purchase price.
Limitation of Liability: Except where prohibited by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from our products, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability.
You will not use the Site for any unlawful purpose, or for any purpose not permitted by these Terms and Conditions. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us, our affiliates, successors, assigns, licensees and any of their officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors, licensors and suppliers, from any liability, loss, claim and expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) related to your violation of these Terms and Conditions, and/or the use of the Site by you or anyone using your account, password, login information, computer, or mobile device to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you are solely responsible for defending any claim, subject to our right to participate with counsel we select, and you will not agree to any settlement that imposes any obligation, liability or admission of guilt on our part without prior written consent of us. If you violate any provision of this section of the Terms and Conditions, we may terminate your access to the Site without notice, and you have indemnity obligations to us and other third parties entitled to indemnification as a result of your violation of these Terms and Conditions. This section, as well as other sections that are intended to survive, shall survive termination of your access to or use of the Site.
You agree that your use of the Site constitutes a transaction in interstate commerce and that any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the use of this Site or to any acts or omissions for which you may contend we are liable, including but not limited to any claim or controversy as to arbitrability (“Dispute”), shall be finally, and exclusively, settled by arbitration pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. This section is deemed to be a written agreement to arbitrate pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act and is intended to satisfy the writing requirement thereunder.
WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTES WITH US, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS. YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN OR BRING CLASS ACTIONS. YOUR RIGHTS WILL BE DETERMINED BY A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR AND NOT A JUDGE OR JURY.
The arbitration will be held before one arbitrator under the arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") in force at that time. The arbitration will be conducted in Orange County, California. The arbitrator will be selected pursuant to the AAA rules. Should no AAA rule regarding the selection of an arbitrator be in effect, you will select an arbitrator from a panel of arbitrators acceptable to us. In any arbitration, we will pay the filing fee, plus the costs associated with the first day of arbitration, with the remaining costs of arbitration paid by the non-prevailing party. To begin the arbitration process, a party must make a written demand.
Any judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator will not have the power to multiply actual damages or award consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, and each party irrevocably waives any claim thereto. The agreement to arbitrate will not be construed as an agreement to the joinder or consolidation of an arbitration under these Terms and Conditions with an arbitration of disputes or claims of any non-party, regardless of the nature of the issues or disputes involved.
Should a dispute arise and should the arbitration provisions become inapplicable or unenforceable, you agree that jurisdiction over and venue of any suit will be exclusively in the state and federal courts sitting in Orange County, California. If either party employs attorneys to enforce any right in connection with any dispute or lawsuit the prevailing party is entitled to recover reasonable attorneys' fees.
You agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Site, and all matters relating to these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of California, which apply in all respects, including statutes of limitation. No choice of law rules of any jurisdiction will apply to nullify this choice of law.
Unless otherwise specified in these Terms and Conditions or the Site, these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Site and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and us with respect to the Site. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion is construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions remain in full effect. Additional terms may be agreed upon by you and us with respect to content available via the Site. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or provision. No single or partial exercise of right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
We may assign these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to you. You may not assign these Terms and Conditions or assign, transfer or sublicense your rights, if any, in the Site.
In the event you enter into an agreement with product specific terms, such agreement will apply. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the terms applicable for a particular product or service, or portion of the Site, the latter terms shall control with respect to your use of the product, service or portion of the Site.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, AND CONTACT INFORMATION
All notices to us relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be in writing and sent to the following:
Chubby Gorilla, Inc.
Website T/C-Questions & Comments
4320 N. Harbor Blvd
Fullerton, California 92825 USA
Notices shall be deemed given when notice is posted on the Site or otherwise provided to you, or when the e-mail is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the e-mail address is invalid. Unless the regular mail is returned to the sender, notice shall be deemed given three days after the regular mail is sent, in the case of domestic mail, or seven days after the regular mail is sent, in the case of international mail.
Please print or download a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your records.